Rum and Chocolate Mousse
- 2 tsp cocoa (unsweetened chocolate) powder
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp artifical sweetner
- 1/4 tsp rum essence (extract)
- 1 egg - separated
- 4 tbsp double (heavy) cream
1. Blend the cocoa with the boiling water and sweetener and stir until smooth. Stir in the rum essence and whisk in the egg yolk.
2. Whisk the egg white until stiff. Whisk the cream separately until peaking. Fold the cream into the cocoa mixture, then finally
fold in the egg white. Taste and add more rum essence, if liked.
3. Turn into a small serving dish and chill until firm.
Serves - 2
Carbohydrates - 2 g